About Nadigaddapalem Asramam
- Nadigaddapalem asramam otherwise called Vasudasa Asramam is located in a serene environment, away from the dim and buzzle of city life. The asramam is hailed as Thapo bhumi and has great Thapas Sakthi – spiritual energy in its serene atmosphere.
- This asramam is named after a great saint Vasudasa Swamy.
- This asramam was the center of all activities in Andhra Pradesh till 1982. In 1980, it became the place for HH Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji’s Brundavanam.
- Akhanda Nama Sankeertana is being performed 24/7 non-stop since 130 years in the asramam.
- Located in Nadigaddapalem, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, this asramam is about 9 kms from Tenali. The asramam has Kodanda Sri Rama temple, Sri Lakshmi Narayana Temple, Rama Krathu Pillar, Githa Jnana Yajna Pillar installed by Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji, Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji’s brundavanam, a small gosala and an old age home.
- The first Sri Rama Krathu pillar of the 108 pillars was installed here by Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji.
- As many as 17 Jeeyar Swamijis including HH Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji, HH Sri Ranga Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji, HH Sri Ramachandra Jeeyar Swamiji and many great scholars have studied, meditated or have been associated with this sacred place. HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji studied in Nadigaddapalem from 1977 April to 1979 June/July. It is from this place that Visishta Advaitha pracharam took new heights.
A Great Spiritual Place
Nadigaddapalem Asram also called Vasudasa Asram is a great spiritual center. Initially, this place was a lemon orchard owned by Sriman Venkatappaya. He donated it to Sri Vasudasa Swamy, a great devotee of Lord Rama, author of Ramayana Makarandam in Telugu widely known as Telugu Valmiki.
• In 1954, Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji took renunciation and Sriman Venkatappayya garu donated the Vasudasa Asram to Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji in 1956. Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji developed the Asram making it His main centre of activities.
• The very first Sri Rama Maha Kratu was performed by Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji in Nadigaddapalem Asram. Out of the 108 Sri Rama Maha Kratus, a few (5-6) of them were performed at Nadigaddapalem Asram itself due to exigencies and the respective pillars were installed at those places later.
• Out of the 108 Svadhyaaya jnana yajnams, the 28th jnana yajnam was performed in Nadigaddapalem.
• In 1972, Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji performed Sri Lakshmi Narayana Mahakratu with 1000 kundas in Tirumala. In the 12 yagasalas, Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji installed and empowered 12 Lakshmi Narayana Dhruva murtis in that Maha kratu. All those Dhruva murtis were consecrated in 12 temples across in the country including Nepal. One of those twelve Lakshmi Narayana Murtis was installed in Nadigaddapalem – thus Lord Lakshmi Narayana Perumal was added to Lord Rama’s family.
• In 1976 Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji has setup Veda Vedanga Vidyalayam in Nadigaddapalem – a college for teaching Vedas, Scriptures and Philosophy. Great Scholars such as Sri Gopalacharya Swamy (for Ubhaya Vedantas), Sri Chamarti Sitaramacharyulu of Srikurmam (for Agamam), Sri Gudimella Narasimhacharyulu (for Vedam) were training the students in those days. Many other scholars such as Sriman Kandala Venkatacharya Swami varu, Sriman Sribhashyam Appalacharya Swami varu, Sriman Maringanti Swami varu, Sriman Konappacharya swami varu were serving as visiting faculty and when time permitted they were also learning from Sri Gopalacharya Swami varu and Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swami varu. Vedic Scholars Sriman Prahlad, Sriman Gudimella Murali Krishnamacharya Swamy, Satyanarayana charyulu etc are the first batch students who joined here. Later they completed two Vedas and became renowned Vedic scholars.
• Sri Gopalacharya Swami varu stayed in Nadigaddapalem for most part of his life wrote many commentaries for comman man and taught scriptures to several batches of students till he breathed his last. Some of the great personalities who studied here:
• HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji : HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji studied in Nadigaddapalem from 1977 April to 1979 June/July.
• HH Ramachandra Jeeyar Swamiji
• HH Ranga Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji stayed here for 1 year
• Nepala Krishnamachary, Applacharya Swamy, Venkatacharya Swamy and many others studied here.
• Many Vedic scholars, Vedantha Scholars and Agama scholars were trained here.
• Final rites of the three great acharyas of 20th Century – Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji, Sri Gopalacharya Swami varu and Sri Kavi garu were performed in Nadigaddapalem. Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji’s Brundavanam ( a place where mortal remains were laid to rest ) was consecrated here. Every day aradhana and nithya annadanam programs are conducted. It is of common knowledge and belief that whoever circumambulates around the brundavanam will have their questions answered and their wishes will be fulfilled
History of Asramam
• In 1900s, professor Subbarao took renunciation and became famous as Vasudasa Swamy.
• His utmost devotion towards Lord Rama led him to lead a spiritual life enlightening the society about Visishtta Adhwaitha Philosophy through length and breadth of Andhra Pradesh.
• He was an erudite scholar. There are 24000 slokas in the original text of Ramayanam written by Sage Valmiki. For every sloka in Valmiki Ramayana, Sri Vasudasa Swamy wrote one poem each and gave an elaborate commentary. The beautiful rendition of 24,000 poems in Telugu is called “Mandaram”, which also has a detailed commentary in English on Srimad Ramayana – a widely respected work by scholars and devotees. So he is popularly known as “Andhra Valmiki”.
• During his stay in Nadigaddapalem, Vasudasa swamy installed deities of Rama, Sitha, Lakshmana and Hanuma and wrote Aranya Kanda portion of the ‘Mandaram’ here.
• On Lord Rama’s instruction, Sri Vasudeva Swamy set up his asram in that orchard and soon the asram became famous as Vasudasa Asram. Sri Vasudasa Swamy performed Thapas here and the legend says that Lord Rama appeared to Him and blessed Him for his devotion.
• Sri Vasudasa Swamy stayed for few years in the asramam. During that time, he worshipped Rama as presiding deity. Later, he left the deities here for the sake of devotees. We can also have darsan of Vasudasa Swamy too in the asramam.
• He did Tapas in this land and it is said that he was blessed with the divine darsan of Lord Rama.
• Later, after passing away of Sri Vasudasa Swamy, Sriman Venkatappayya approached Sriman Kavi garu – a close associate of Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji – and requested to send a priest for performing the daily worship of Lord Rama parivaram. Sriman Kavigaru visited the Asramam, arranged for a priest and also informed Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji about the Asramam.
• On Sriman Venkatappayya ‘s request to use the asramam for spiritual purposes, Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji shifted the Bhakti Nivedana magazine printing and publishing work from Artamuru village to Nadigaddapalem.
Free Food Distribution Annadanam
Tsundur [via] Tenali [tq] Guntur dt -522318
Office : 08644276035
Sriman Rangacharyulu : 9000985035,7780335423
By Train, On the Vijayawada – Chennai train route, one has to get down in Tsundur station (second station after Tenali) and take an auto to go to asram. It is about 3 kms away from the train station. Only passenger trains stop at Tsundur.
By Bus, One has to reach Tenali by bus from Vijayawada or Guntur and take an auto from Tenali to reach the asram.
By Road, the Nadigaddapalem Asram is about 1 ½ hours away from Vijayawada.
✿ Those who donate Rs.6000/- on behalf of their dear ones on special days such as birthdays, marriage anniversaries etc or in the name of their departed elders, can have Tadeeyaradhana conducted on that particular day.
✿ Those who sponsor Rs.1000/- can have their Gotra Namas chanted in the daily Archana to the Lord for one year.
✿ You can donate in cash or kind for anna danam – food donations.
✿ Asram’s Wishlist – geysers, construction of more rooms, infrastructure, groceries for cooking.
Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji is my acharya. This place is very dear to my heart. If any one wishes for something in Swamiji’s brindavan, it will surely happen. Hundreds of thousands of people experienced it . The uthsavams are also conducted following all procedures very systematically.
Nearby Places To Visit
The speciality of mangalagiri is The temple is opened only from morning to afternoon. It is believed that gods perform puja to god in the night. Here Lord is offered sweet jaggery water. The jaggery water is poured into the wide opened mouthof the Lord. While pouring,we can hear the sound , like some
one is drinking water. When the sound stops, the priest will stop pouring and remaining water is taken as shesa prasadam. And this is the place where without ants even though the place is full of jaggery water.